This week, we are celebrating the professionals around the state who spend their early mornings, late nights, and summers dedicated to ensuring that youth have a safe space to learn and thrive when school is out – the true Heart of Afterschool.
Afterschool professionals work unconventional hours to support working families and their children. They find unique and innovative ways to engage youth in learning, often disguised as fun, to not just support what happens in school but to expand it. They work to develop and support strong lines of communication between schools and parents. They strive tirelessly to establish strong community partnerships to enhance programming and provide youth with opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise have. They change lives on a daily basis, and we must express our sincere gratitude for the vital services they provide.
Those among many other reasons are why the Missouri AfterSchool Network is proud to join the National Afterschool Association (NAA) in its celebration of the third annual Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week, April 23-27, to recognize and thank the Heart of Afterschool.
We want to reward one professional or program by highlighting the celebrations occurring around the state. You can enter the contest a few different ways:
- Take pictures and post about your program’s celebration for Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week. Tag the Missouri AfterSchool Network on Facebook or @MO_Afterschool on Twitter so that we can recognize your entry.
- Create a post on Facebook or Twitter (and tag us!) about an afterschool professional who you work with or who has had an impact on your life.
- If you are an afterschool professional, share why you love working with youth and families in afterschool or summer learning programs on Facebook or Twitter and tag MASN.
The winner will be randomly selected at the end of the week, and will receive an awesome afterschool swag bag to help support you in your work in afterschool and summer learning programs.
Other Ways You Can Participate
Our friends at NAA have offered these awesome ways for professionals, afterschool advocates and community members to participate in Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week. Check them out:
1) Share the news with your staff, youth in your program, families and members of your community! Click here for ideas and inspiration.
3) Order swag! Buttons, t-shirts and more are available in the online store here.
4) Send a Press Release to your local media and encourage your local and state officials to proclaim April 23-27, 2018 as Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week. Click here for templates.