Each year, the Missouri AfterSchool Network is one of many organizations which helps to plan the annual Missouri Child Advocacy Day. This annual event brings together child advocates from throughout the state and across disciplines to let Missouri legislators know our unified message – Kids are our BEST investment.
This year, Child Advocacy Day takes place tomorrow, April 3 in Jefferson City. Check out more details here: http://childadvocacyday.org.
If you are planning to attend, make sure to stop by MASN’s exhibit table in the 3rd Floor Rotunda and say hello! Even if you can’t make it to Jefferson City, we would love for you to participate from home.
Here are a few ways you can add to the impact of Child Advocacy Day from home:
- Participate via Social Media by tweeting at your Reps and Senators. Use these Sample Tweets or create your own:
- “Just had a great visit with @legislatorsname in Jeff City for #MOCAD2018! #AfterschoolWorks”
- “@legislatorsname, in Missouri, kids are our BEST investment! Please support our children at all stages of life, including during out of school time. #MOCAD2018 #AfterschoolWorks
- “@legislatorsname, couldn’t make it to #MOCAD2018, but know that children are Missouri’s most valuable resource. Please make sure to support our children during this year’s legislative session.”
- “@legislatorsname, couldn’t make it to #MOCAD2018, but would love to show you how #AfterschoolWorks for children and families in our community. I will follow up to schedule a time for you to come visit!”
- Contact your Senator or Representative’s office and set up an in-district meeting or a site visit – MASN can help once you have the meeting set!
Whether you can travel the distance or not, it is important that we let legislators know in Missouri, kids are our BEST investment! Join the over 500 advocates from around the state by taking these quick steps to participate in Child Advocacy Day from home on April 3.